Friday 26 October 2018

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1209 by Teazel

A very relatively gentle offering from Teazel that should provide encouragement to our less-experienced solvers, and maybe result in PBs for some.[Edit: It would appear I've underestimated the difficulty and 1D has been troublesome for some]. I was held up only by uncertainty at the ending of 11a. I got a bit worried by 1 and 3 down that we were in for a bit of a saucy time, but that was the end of it. I enjoyed being reminded of the bikini at 18a, but COD goes to the simple 6d for the straightforward introduction to the semi-&lit type of clue. 22a may generate a MER (minor eyebrow raise) from some, but there was really very little to frighten the horses. Just over 5 minutes for me, despite 11a, as a result. Thanks Teazel! How did you all like it?
P.S. I post this in advance of heading to York today for the fifteensquared Sloggers and Betters event. Hoping to see some of you there.
Read all about it.... )

No comments:

Post a Comment