Saturday 6 June 2020

Cyberfest 2

Last night it was the second Beer52 Cyberfest. The last one was a bit chaotic, but the beers were good and the brewers' videos very interesting, not to mention the quiz and other features, so I took the chance to sign up for the next one.

My 12 beers arrived a few days ago and I had already sample 3 of them, knowing that I wouldn't be remotely able to drink all 12 on the night.

After the experience of last time, they had got their technical glitches sorted out and the sound quality was much better. Here are a few photos...

I had the study as my virtual beer-cellar, and the big screen to watch the live video stream and listen to the sound track. This is the first of the brewery talks from the Salford-based Pomona Island brewery , while I sipped some of their "It's never been like that" Dry Hopped Pale Ale.
 

You get a little leaflet with tasting notes for each beer too, which you can see above next to the keyboard.

The scheduling was a little odd. Even though this was a 4 hour show, by the end of the first hour we had had 6 of the 12 brewery videos... by which time I was still on my second beer. Along the way we had one of my favourites, whcih I'd opened and tried some of earlier, the Belgian Brasserie De La Senne brewery's Taras Boulba.... with a female presenter! I was beginning to think a beard was obligatory after all the previous videos.


Look. Another beard...


Alongside the video stream was a chat stream which was sometimes funnier than the comedians.


And this was my (surprisingly) favourite of the night...


Ordinarily I don't like sour beers, but Dugges brewery's 15 Sour, with no less than 15 fruits was delicious! The video was one of the best too.

That was fun. By 9:30 they came to the last beer, the Estonian  Põhjala Brewery's Winter Bänger Imperial Stout. At 12.5%  I wasn't going to have this (nor the 8% La Trappe Tripel also in the case) with anything else.

So that leaves me with 4 beers still to taste from the case.

It was a great selection and a pretty good show, even if the comedians were mostly greeted on the chat with "When's the comedian coming on".

Good fun. I think I'll be looking out for Cyberfest 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment