Thursday 25 June 2020

Weekend Quick Cryptic 2 - The Eccentric Horticulturalist

After my previous amateur Quick Crossword, I got some nice feedback and encouragement to do another. Thanks to all who gave it a go and left me comments. It is still available here for others to try.

So here is another. Again I've used a Times Quick Crossword grid and, I hope, not been too devious with the clues, trying to match a QC difficulty and provide a variety of clue types. There is a theme (for which the title is a clue) that may assist once you spot it. One clue (7D) needs you to identify our gardener as it refers to her. One final hint - it helps to know your nursery rhymes. [Update - several solvers were still fooled, so I've added a more specific cross-reference to the clue].

You can try and solve it interactively here or download a PDF to print here. Alternatively you can copy and print the image below.


Once you've given it a go, you can find the answers and their explanation here. Please do leave some comments here or there. Enjoy! (I hope!).

3 comments:

Show Comments