Sunday 28 June 2020

Great Barton Church Walk

I decided to go for a walk this afternoon. I only decided where I was going after I started and didn't have rucksack, camera or coat and didn't bother tracking my walk, but it was pretty much the Great Barton Church walk I did in... let me look it up... January 2019? That long ago already? Crikey! But I did it in the opposite direction and didn't have the same detours for the building site.

I captured a few photos from my camera...

These flowers are alongside Mount Road near the Flying Fortress. I wondered of they might be more Sanfoin as found further down the road previously.


The thistle was hard to photograph as the wind was so strong.


I  was about 1/2 way round my walk when the sky darkened, the wind got up, and it started to rain. Ah. I hadn't come prepared for that and was now about 3 miles from home. Fortunately, the wind was so strong the rain was coming horizontally, so I was able to shelter behind a tree-trunk downwind.



I sheltered for about 10 minutes while it blew past, and, by the time I got to the church there was blue sky appearing again.


There was still some rain about further south though.


It was warm and still breezy and by the time I got home I was dry. That was lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment