Monday 29 June 2020

Rattlesden and Shelland Walk

I had to take William to Woolpit today so I thought I'd tack on a walk. I'd seen the leaflet so decide to download it and do the Angels and Pinnacle Rattlesden Walk, I've done a lot of this before but not been to Shelland. So off I went.

The instructions were pretty good, but I failed to carry them out correctly around Clopton Hall Farm and ended up doing a little extra loop. This was my route.


And here are a few photos...

The River Rat has some water.


Gypsy Lane.

King Charles the Martyr Church, Shelland, one of only 5 in the country in his name, isn't open at the moment.


The village sign.


There is a chocolate box cottage by the green,

It's not easy to see the 17th century Rockyll’s Hal, which is surrounded by high hedges, but you can just about see the tall chimneys.


On the edge of the woods is this vantage point for shooting.


It was rather a gray day but the poppies brightened it up.

Some water-lilies on the pond near Clopton Green.


On the way back there are nice views. In the distance is Gt. Finborough church.


Then it was down the hill and back into Rattlesden.


Well that was very pleasant despite the lack of sunshine. It's just a shame the church wasn't open.

You can see more details of my route in the Angels and Pinnacle leaflet or what I actually walked  here on MapMyWalk.


No comments:

Post a Comment