Saturday 16 January 2021

A Chewy Jumbo Crossword

Times Cryptic Jumbo 1477 - 2nd January

I know I asked for more tricky ones when I blogged Jumbo 1442... and, lucky me, I got it in spades this time. "A bit of a beast" one or two of my pals have said. And indeed, we have an abundance of trickery today. I loved it! And I'm relieved that (I think!) I've managed to parse it all. I found the NE corner trickiest apart from 52A, for which I needed help. Lots of lovely words and lovely clues. Many ticks on my copy and it's hard to pick a favourite, but 33A was the most fun to try and parse. I have to say I enjoyed doing the blog to revisit the cleverness, some of which I'd missed on solving. If only I hadn't made a typo in 37D  on entering my answers online, leaving me with a pink square. Grr. Thank-you setter. I would say "More like this, please, editor!" again, but what do others think?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment