Tuesday 26 January 2021

Burns Night and Haggis in Space

 

Last night was Burns Night. We always celebrate it by having haggis, but I had forgotten when I did the food shopping last week that it would be before my next weekly food shop. So on Saturday I went haggis hunting in town. Waitrose, where I got the one we had on St. Andrew's Day only had vegetarian or gluten free. But I found a MacSween one in St. Edmunds Butchers... and then thought it a bit small, so bought another one from Marks&Spencer.

This year I decided to make some cock-a-leekie soup too for lunchtime. This was the recipe from BBC Good Food, although I didn't follow it fully, adding barley and peas and not adding prunes.

I also made some fresh bread to go with it.

Nice. And there is some left for lunch tomorrow

Then for tea I did this haggis recipe from the Hairy Bikers....

I'd not tried a whisky sauce before. But it didn't stop us adding baked beans and brown sauce as we usually do.

We were full after that!

While we ate we did sister Sue's Scottish Quiz...

Thank-you Sue. I think we got most of it right. You can find it to have a go yourself here.

Oh and the picture at the top? Sister Kirsty sent a link to this story... 

Nice one. Thank-you Kirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment