Saturday 9 January 2021

Tassel Gin #9

 

Yesterday was a distilling day. This time, as you can see from the label, I diluted to standard (40%) rather than export strength (43%).  I decided to add some more citrus and a few floral elements to the recipe and I also made use of the reserved cut from the end of the last distillation (#8 in November).

This was my recipe for yesterday's batch.

Botanical Last Time This Time
Juniper 30g 30g
Coriander 12g 12g
Angelica 2g 2g
Cardamom 3g 2g
Lemon Peel 5g 6g
Orange Peel 5g 6g
Fennel 4g 4g
Peppercorns 2g 2g
Cassia 1g 1g
Ginger 1.5g 1g
Grains of Paradise 1.5g 1.5g
Rose Petals - 1g
Elderflower - 1g

As before I infused my botanicals in 1L of the vodka for 24 Hours.


Ready to get going...


 

Here is my saved cut from last time.

And this is what it looked like after putting everythingin the still.

Now the distilling. As before I saved the last couple of cuts for next time.


 And the final result...

It tastes quite smooth and a bit more floral and citrusy than last time. We'll see how the flavour develops over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment