Thursday 16 December 2021

Christmas Lunch Party


Today Joyce's Weekly Walks group had a pre-Christmas celebration. This was the invite.

"Thursday December 16th we are returning to the Ice Café for a 1pm meal. 16 booked for lunch and I’ve asked for 2 separate tables so there’s more of a circulation area to feel comfortable. I know that many of us will do a Lateral Flow test beforehand too.  There will be a walk before lunch. Please park at Skyliner Way Sports Centre, Sybil Andrews Academy, Rougham Tower Avenue Bury St Eds IP32 7QB  for 9.30am. We will walk a  9 mile circular route over to Great Barton and may have a coffee stop too. "

Hooray. We missed our Christmas celebration last year, so it was good to be able have a meal together again to start the festive season.

But I had a diary clash! Laura phoned to ask if she could visit today, so I stayed home for he arriving and missed the walk. But then Joyce told me a couple of people had called off so I phoned the Ice Café to see if they could accommodate Laura, Sarah and William as well as myself.. and they could. Well they've all walked with the group some time this year and Joyce did suggest them coming to lower the average age (and increase the average IQ).

William had an optician's appointment and didn't get home until 12:25 so we didn't quite have time to walk there and took the car instead. This was the menu.

William and I had the steak sandwich, Sarah the Thai crab cake and Laura the Falafel flatbread. We didn't need much of our tea later.,

Here are a couple of photos.



Lovely. The festive season is now declared open.

We walked with the group back to their cars at Skyliner Way Sports Centre and Laura, Sarah and William walked the rest of the way home as I returned to the cafe to collect the car. I only just beat them home.

Thank-you Joyce for organising. Sorry I missed the walk, but glad we didn't miss the meal.

One last walk this year next week. I think Dawn might be along too this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment