Saturday 4 December 2021

Ed's Real Leaving Do

I got a message on a Jumbo crossword post on my blog...

"Hi John - I didn't take on the Times Cryptic Jumbo (best to know your limits, I always say) but hope that our home-cooked crossword present when you left CA kept you amused for ten minutes or so. I'm now finally moving on from CA myself, and am having a leaving do on Friday 3rd Dec at the Salisbury Arms on Tenison Road in Cambridge (the one with the back room that does pizza). We're starting at 4pm, so if you fancy a really long walk that day and maybe a train journey back afterwards then it would be great to see you!"

It was from Ed, who's Not-Leaving do I was at in 2019 (see here), but this time he really was leaving Cambridge Assessment.

So  yesterday I took another train trip, this time to Cambridge, for a little walk around the city and got to the Salisbury Arms in good time.

He hadn't told anyone else I was coming, so it was a surprise for many to see me there, and it was great to catch up with some old workmates.

And, as before, Ed provided the live music himself. It was great, but I think I've had enough travelling for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment