Friday 26 April 2019

Ed's Non-Leaving Do

This was funny... and fun. Ed was coming to the end of his contract so he organised a leaving do for today. As I had recruited him, I thought I ought to see him off, so I changed my working days this week from Wednesday and Thursday to Thursday and Friday and bought my train tickets so I could drink and not drive.

And then Ed was persuaded to stay for another month... and he may be coming back in a different role for even longer. "So are you rescheduling your leaving do, then, Ed?", I asked. "No. No. It's still going ahead!" he replied.

Well he had done some organising! He had arranged to use the CASS centre, which was a rather nice idea as it's just across the way from the office and we would get to mingle with some of our colleagues at The Press, having their Friday after-work drinks.

And, what is more, he had arranged for the band he plays in, The Stormy Mondays, to provide some entertainment!


They had a decent-sized audience to play to.


Now here's something... they had a guest guitarist for a couple of numbers. Our team-mate Ben joined them! It's no good trying to hide behind the speaker, Ben. we can still see you!


They even got people up dancing.



At the end of the set, Ed had a keyboard solo.


Thanks, Ed "Jools" Graham (and the rest of the band) for a memorable evening. And it's not good-bye, but "See you in the office next week". Lol.

2 comments:

Show Comments