Monday 29 April 2019

Beyton Circular Walk

I scoped out a short walk cutting down my earlier Hesset Walk and drew it up ready to use. Dawn was up for a walk at the weekend before last and I suggested doing it. "Oh no. Not Beyton. I might run into some of my pupils". Hmm. Well the sixth form of Thurston Community College, where she teaches, is in the old Beyton Middle School. Never mind. We went for a walk into town instead.

But today it was just me, so I thought I would try it out. This was my route.


Starting at Beyton Church, which has plenty of parking, I headed north up Church St. 'til the footpath sign just after the school warning sign. From here I had a couple of miles of lovely countryside.


It was good reminder. I got lots of lovely birdsong along the way.


I admired these little blue flowers alongside the path. Now what are they? Let me think... my memory is so poor, Oh now I remember.. forget-me-nots.



The horses had their blankets on as it wasn't  particularly warm. But it was warm enough for me to be in a T-shirt.
The woods beside the path were full of bluebells.



And the hedgerow had plenty of Honesty flowers....


...and stitchwort.


The trees were a lovely shade of green with their new leaves.


Eventually I reached the road and was glad of the path along the edge of the field to avoid walking on the road.


Soon I got to the edge of Hesset village.


Now I am retracing my steps from my earlier walk. See here and its associated Flickr album for more pictures from that. As a reminder, here is one of houses with pargetting.


I walked past Beyton House. Very impressive.


They had some lovely blue and white bluebells in the garden


Looking for the footpath back to the church, you may have difficulty finding the sign...


Now it was across the fields behind the sixth form...

...back to the churchyard, replete with cowslips.


A gentle 5 miles stroll. You can find more details of the route here on MapMyWalk. Shame it wasn't sunny, but very pleasant, nonetheless. And I gave my new walking shoes a decent try-out, ready for the Bury to Lavenham this Friday.... more anon, but there is beer to drink first, as you will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment