Friday 12 April 2019

QC Blogging Day

Times Quick Cryptic No 1329 by Izetti

It's Friday and we have our old friend Izetti to give us a proper Friday work-out. He has treated us to some great clues and entertaining and smooth surfaces today. Nearly all perfectly fair, although I only knew the scottish hooligan at 11D from a Mephisto crossword, I think. But sometimes you have to recognise the word from the definition and some of the wordplay and checkers and cross your fingers. Did anyone else have to do that here? Lots of worthy candidates for clue of the day, 10A, 13A, 17A , 21A and 4D all raised a chuckle, but I pick the concise 9A. This took me a sub-average 5:40, but I suspect some of our less experienced solvers may have found this a bit tricky. I enjoyed this a lot. Thanks Izetti! How did everyone else like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment