Tuesday 23 April 2019

Bradfield Woods Spring Flowers

This is a must-do Spring walk. The last time I went I was too early, so today I thought I'd have a quick late-afternoon walk at Bradfield Woods to see the spring flowers. [Regular readers may remember my autumn visit and it featured several times in my old blog].

Today it was just me and I did the Blue route followed by the Orange route.


The paths were bone-dry. About time we had some rain! But everything was green and growing and I saw plenty of lovely flowers. Those that I photographed today include primroses, early purple orchids, wood anemones (although these were coming to an end), violas, bluebells (now fully out), ramsons (aka wild garlic) just coming out, bugles, stitchwort and, of course, the rare oxlips. Here they are... not quite in that order, but I'm sure you can work out which is which.













Lovely!

You can see a few more of my photos here on Flickr and more details of the route here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment