Saturday 5 March 2022

Another Entertaining Jumbo Crossword

I rather enjoyed this Jumbo which has a certain amount of quirkiness and whimsy enlivening the wordplay and definitions, with some taking me a while to work out.... and the style makes me think I know who our compiler is.  As usual with the Jumbo there were a couple of unknowns, but nothing I couldn't derive from the wordplay. I see on checking, though, that I have one pink square, having spelt a word wrong. Aaargh! Favourites include 16A, 17A, 54A, 12D, 32D and 34D. I was vaguely disappointed that the answer to 13A turned out not to be the tinkly TINTINNABULATION. Perhaps another day. In all, with some of the head-scratching, my solve stretched to just over 52 minutes. Great stuff. Thank-you setter. How did you all like it?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment