Friday 22 April 2022

A Dickens of a Quick Cryptic

Today we are treated to a Quick Cryptic from Felix, with plenty of his characteristically entertaining definitions, wordplay and surfaces. As always with this setter, I was looking out for a theme, but what did I find? See below. At the harder end of the QC spectrum, this took me a couple of minutes over my average of 5 1/2 minutes, but I thought it was a lot of fun. Thank-you Felix. How did you all get on?

Click here to see what I think I found

I suspect there may be a theme related to the answer to 4D, an Irish series, of course, but never having watched it I don't know if we've got any references elsewhere. One for the commenters to help me out with, this time! Of course, as jackkt points out, there may not be a theme at all. Sawbill got it... It's Dombey and Sons (No I've not read it). Thank-you Sawbill. See his comment below.

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is Sawbill's turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find his latest crossword, and a date for the diary here. Enjoy! If anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to all 49 here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment