Friday 8 April 2022

Alfie and his Crossword Tricks

Oo! I've got an Alfie crossword to blog. As we all know by now (I hope) that should mean we have something alphabetical in the solution... and indeed we do. Click on the link below to see what I spotted. As for the crossword, well, as always with Alfie, it is not too easy and there are few clues that might cause some head scratching for a lot of us, I think. It certainly did for me, taking me over 1 1/2 times my average time at over 9 minutes. It is, incidentally a lipogram, containing every letter of the alphabet in the answers except a V. But that is not the alphabetical trick...

Click to see what I found

Each of the Across answers and each of the Down answers is in alphabetical order. Quite a feat of grid filling - try it for yourself if you don't believe me.


Great stuff. Thank-you Alfie! How did you all get on?

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is Phil's turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find his latest crossword, and a date for the diary here. Enjoy! If anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to all 48 here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment