Sunday 19 June 2022

A Beer and Crosswords Sunday

It was the last day of the East Anglian Beer and Cider Festival today and my traditional meeting with friends got postponed from the usual Saturday as some were playing in a concert last night.

A message from Tim said... "Saw Dave last night & he will aim to get there 1230 to 1 - doing some playing in the morning. Dave’s 1st question was - will John bring some crosswords?  So John please make sure you have a few ready to go!", so I obliged by taking some with me.

There was a surprising amount of beer left and we found a table in the marquee. It was just Tim, Mark and myself to start with...


...and, although Keith joined us later, Dave never made it in the end. But Tim and Mark (and later Keith) provided me with the entertainment of watching them solve More beer. please and Two Kitchens

GeoffW,  a commenter on the solution to More beer, please, mentioned Bishop Nick brewery and I was pleased to see they still had their 3 beers on - I had some of their 1555 as my first beer today. A very tasty Amber Ale!

The solving and beer drinking progressed at a leisurely pace. Meanwhile, in the cathedral, they still had more beer and an organ recital....


..and there were plenty more people outside the marquee....


...and in....


...without it being easy to get served. Well done to CAMRA and the volunteers (and the brewers) for a great Festival, and thanks to Tim, Mark and Keith for the company today.

Then it was home to my Sunday dinner, cooked for me by Sarah and William as it is Fathers' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment