Friday 17 June 2022

Lunchtime Cello Recital

Today I went to the Cathedral and heard a lunchtime Cello recital from the young cellist Benjamin Carnell and his accompanist Ian Ray.... 

Oh. And there was also the beer festival going on, so I had some beer too.

Possibly a unique event, a cello recital at a Beer Festival, and it is unlikely that at least the Prokofiev Cello sonata has been performed in such a setting, and I doubt the Beethoven Variations on "Bei Männern welche Liebe fühlen" from Mozart's The Magic Flute and Vaughan-Williams Studies in English Folksong have either.

The background noise from the beer drinkers made it difficult to hear properly from where I was sat originally, but I managed to find a front row seat to hear better.


Well played! I particularly enjoyed the Prokofiev. Good luck with your career, Benjamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment