Sunday 29 September 2019

Chilli Update

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There's an awful lot to follow! Today Dawn cropped the first of this season's chillis.

Here we have some Casabella Hot (top left) Paprika  (bottom left) and Aurora hot chillis


And here are some Apaches and Jalapenos.


Time for Tassel Pickles to spring into action. And there is a heap more to follow of all these varieties... and more!

Meanwhile, I appear to be behind the times. Our walking friend Barry has been growing some Chocolate Habaneros and has made some chilli jam already! He kindly gave me some after our walk on Friday.


Nice jar and nice label... and the chilli jam tasted terrific with some Shropshire Red cheese. I need that recipe Barry! Very yummy!

He also gave me one of his aforementioned chocolate habaneros.


I've taken a sliver to nibble. Lovely flavour. A variety to add to my list for next year, I think.

Meanwhile... I've got a tsunami of chillis to process in the offing. I ought to include some pics to show the scale of my task, but it's dark now. Anybody want some? Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment