Saturday 28 September 2019

Hunter Club Jazz

Now we don't have Friday night West Suffolk Youth Orchestra rehearsals to accommodate, I am free to get out on a Friday night and get to concerts at the Hunter Club.

Last night I went along to this...


It was hilarious.. and some cracking jazz numbers too. We got to hear all sorts of interesting stories about functions where a jazz group was engaged as the entertainment. I particularly enjoyed the number where the sponsor's daughter tap-danced, probably rather less rhythmically than George imitated on the drums. But also the wedding where bride ran away with the best man,

We were treated to lots of lovely tunes. The Girl from Ipanema in 7/8, Dave Brubeck's Take 5, The Pink Panther theme (on bass clarinet), Fly me to the Moon, A Nightingale Sang in Berkely Square and many more classics.

A lovely night out. Thanks Chris and the gang. Sorry I'll miss the next one... I'll be in Marbella! More on that anon!

No comments:

Post a Comment