Monday 23 September 2019

Rattlesdon Recce Part 2

Spoiler alert #2! I'm leading a walk for Joyce's group on Friday and when I did my initial recce last month I cut short my route as it was so hot. So today I did my recce of the rest of the route... Just as well as tilling of the fields has obliterated part of what I walked last time! Friday won't quite be this and there are various options to shorten the walk depending on how we are getting on, but this was my route today.


Of course this misses out the southern loop I did previously and the total might be a bit long for some - this bit ended up at 8 1/2 miles. I will miss out the northernmost loop, I think, and possibly the westernmost loop too. My route was extended by the missing path, which is visible on the aerial photo, but not on the ground today, where I chose to backtrack rather than blaze a trail across the soil in the absence of any signposts.

Here are few photos.
















The missing path should come from the corner of the trees  in the middle of the picture to here. Can you see it?


I did, of course, have a drink in the 5 Bells at the end.  And tound these on display...


Deliberately lacking in comment...  To find out more come on my walk on Friday!

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr and more details of my walk here on MapMyWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment