Friday 27 September 2019

Times Crossword Championship 2019

Well, finally it has been revealed. The Times Crossword Championship day this year will be Saturday 7th December. This year will be different - no qualifying puzzles. Instead, the event is open to anyone who buys a ticket before they run out. They went on sale today... and here is mine - without the QR code (not that anyone would want to pinch my ticket and impersonate me, would they?)


This time there are 2 preliminary rounds of 120 contestants (rather than the 2 x 100 semi-finalists previously) and now the top 45 of each go forward to the semi-final to compete for prizes... you can read all the details here.

So my target this year is to be in the top 45 of my morning prelim. And my consolation prize when I fail (which is odds-on) will be an afternoon with fellow crossword fans in The George. I'm looking forward to it already! And if you would like to come along and have a go, buy your ticket here and let me know you are coming so we can meet.. and I can buy you a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment