Saturday 7 September 2019

Jumbo Blogging Day

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1397 - 24th August

Hello to all you pachydermophiles. Compared to last week's, this was a rather more straightforward Jumbo, with little to cause bemusement, taking me just over 36 minutes. There were, however, a few clues that induced a MER (minor eyebrow raise); 21A, 32A, 39A and 44A. I'm sure if I've got the wrong-end of the stick anywhere you commenters will set me straight. An interesting mix of general knowledge including an ancient oracle, a couple of archaic telecoms expressions, a 17th-century marionette, an ancient book of stories from the time of the Black Death, a method of film-making and a Dutch explorer.  There were some fun clues too.  Favourites for me include 27A, 40A, 43A, 3D, 12D and 13D Thank-you setter. How did you all like it?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment