Saturday 16 November 2019

Greg Abate at the Hunter Club

This was the listing for the last night's concert at The Hunter Club.


I enjoyed the last one I went to a lot, so, with no other commitments,  I thought I'd go to this. I was not disappointed. And I got a front-row seat! As well as virtuoso alto sax playing Greg also did some numbers on flute. Here are a few photos and a video clip. (See Greg's website here to find out more about him)

Instruments at the ready.



Owen and George in the opening number.


George was in trouble. "This is a tie event, George", said Chris sternly. "Oh, I've got it here somewhere", George replied before ferreting around in his trouser and jacket pockets to find it. Lol. And here is Chris on the electronic piano as usual.


Greg was right in front of me.


On the flute for this one.


I do enjoy watching George on the drums. Here is a video clip of one of his solo bits. He may not thank me for this if he ever reads it, and the chances of him doing so is pretty low, but he does remind me a bit of Animal in the Muppets, drummer for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.


The Hunter Club is such a great venue for jazz; Greg himself said how much he enjoyed the vibe. A lovely evening's entertainment  Some great sax and flute playing from Greg and the usual excellent backing from the trio. What is more, at the end, I found Kim, one of our gang on the Marbella trip last month, in the audience. That was a nice coincidence and it was good to catch up with her for a few minutes before the walk home.

So two nights in a row of great music. I must get out more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment