Friday 30 June 2023

Stowmarket Beer Festival

Today I took advantage of a cheap train fare of £5 return from Bury St. Edmunds to Stowmarket

to visit the 26th Stowmarket Beer Festival. With a total of 98 beers and 15 ciders on there was plenty of choice. The beers were mostly from East Anglia there was also a  regional showcase of beers from Kent.

Here are a couple of photos.

The event was held at the Food Museum (previously known as the Museum of East Anglian Life). I arrived just before 12pm and there was a queue of people waiting to get in.


The shop had some local bottled beers which we had to pass to get to the payment desk.


I got a seat and this was my first beer, Cabin Brewery's Gold Rush. Well I am the brewery's CAMRA BLO (Brewery Liaison Officer) so it had to be first.


The beers were in the barn, and it was never to busy to get served quickly.



There was plenty of seating too.


There was only one beer I wanted to try that wasn't available, the Humber Doucy King Slayer. I liked every beer I had but my favourites were the very juicy Three Blind Mice Juice Rocket and my last one, Lacons Yarmouth Strong.

I had planned on staying a bit longer to meet Julian who said he might come from Ipswich after work, but by late afternoon I was getting chilled by the cold breeze even with my waterproof on so headed for home at about 5:15pm.

A great selection of beers and an excellent venue. One to put in the diary again next year, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment