Wednesday 16 October 2019

Marbella 4 Day Walking - Registration Day



Today we travelled to Marbella and registered for the event. In total there were 14 of us herded together by Joyce as a party for it, including most who went last year and a few more recruits. And most of us were staying at the same place again, the Princess Playa Apartment Hotel. Before we went, Miranda twisted my arm and got me to organise a transfer coach for us from Malaga Airport to the hotel, as I had done for our Mallorca trip earlier in the year. There were 11 of us on the bus, a luxury 18-seater, and we had a very comfortable ride to the hotel.

Unlike back home, the weather was beautiful and warm. We checked into the hotel and then went and registered to get our lanyards and tags and see the walking village. This year I am doing the 30km walks, along with Joyce, Jane, Miranda, Hayley, Michelle, Sue and Cathy.
 


Then in the evening there were several groups eating together. I went with Joyce and others to Medium Rare in the old town, where we had pizzas and had a little meander, before heading to the Registration day party back at the walking village.

Here are a few of my photos...

The hotel and my apartment.



Lovely blue skies and sea; a view from the roof of the hotel.


The sand sculpture man was back.
 

Registering.


The first of, I expect, quite a beers, was very welcome.


At the Medium Rare Restaurant.


The party was in full swing when we got there.
 

I think we are going to have a great time!

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment