Tuesday 8 October 2019

The Chilli Season Begins

Dawn picked a first crop of chillis about 10 days ago. I've now made two batches so far...

Firstly, inspired by Barry's, some Chilli Jam. I used this recipe from Nigella Lawson. It turned out that the chillis Dawn had labelled as "paprika", were actually a caribbean mix. I used those for the jam.


Thumbs up! It goes just as nicely with Shropshire Red cheese as Barry';s.

I then used a mixture of others to create a first batch of Razorback chilli sauce - a family favourite, especually with pork.


A bit hotter than previously, but it went very nicely with some of Dawn's leftover sausage casserole on the sausages. I think I'll be making of that too.

So 10 jars so far (and some leftovers in the fridge not in jars)


Oh. And I did a quick pickle of a few of the  Muchos Nachos jalapeno chillis too...


Great on pizza! There are lots more of those to come.

More to be harvested this weekend. I think I will be busy in the kitchen for a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment