Friday 9 April 2021

A Quick Cryptic Crossword by Tracy

At the time of writing the setter of this puzzle wasn't declared in the online version, but jackkt tells us in the comments it is Tracy. I thought it on the whole a very pleasant, middle-of-the-road Quick Cryptic with which to finish the week with no less than 6 whole or partial anagrams. COD to the nice semi-&lit 6D. There was one unfamiliar word that I had to drag from the depths of my memory and I couldn't remember what it meant, but the wordplay and crossers made it clear enough. There was another where I was puzzled at first by the wordplay and a third where the indicator in the wordplay looked wrong.  I wonder, did any of these give others trouble too? My FOI was 1A, which helped with the Downs, and LOI 1D, finishing about 30 seconds below my target time. So, nearly all good stuff, then and npt too hard. Thank-you Tracy. How did everyone else get on?

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is my turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find the latest crossword, entitled "Number 22", here. Enjoy! And if anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to them here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment