Sunday 30 May 2021

Bury St. Edmunds Whitsun Fayre

 

It was nice to see this happening this weekend, albeit somewhat scaled down in size. I visited today in the lovely late spring sunshine but didn't come home with anything, although I did enjoy a beer from the Beautiful Beers stall. 

Here are a few of photos...

The sunny Abbey Gardens...

There was a one way system going through these stalls on Angel Hill.

I meant to come back here and get some Olive Oil. Maybe tomorrow.

There was quite a queue for the ice-cream van.

Lots of people were dining al fresco in Abbeygate Street.

The food and drink included sweeties. Not for me, they're bad for me.

There was one fruit and vegetable stall. They had some huge mangoes and tasty looking apricots.

There were also flower stalls, but I think Dawn has enough planting to do at the moment (q.v.).

Having enjoyed the wheat beer from the Cyberfest 6 box, I chose the La Trappe Wit from the selection here. Very tasty!

On my way home now... I found plenty enjoying the sun and a drink in Angel Hill.

It's lovely to see the spring sunshine at last and some things getting back towards normal, but I did miss a number of the delicatessen stalls and street food you usually find at this event. Next year, though....

No comments:

Post a Comment