Tuesday 11 May 2021

Joyce's Spring Mini Walking Festival - Summary

That was lovely. Thank-you Joyce. Here is my index to my blog write-ups of the walks I went on (and some that I didn't)...

 
  • April 23rd Brandeston Boundaries. Glen is leading this 9 mile walk to kick off our Mini Festival.
  • April 24th Hadstock in Cambridgeshire. This is the last walk that we did before Lockdown 1 so it seems fitting to walk it again. It is 8 miles with spectacular views. 3 or 4 stiles . 
  • April 25th Hawkedon 5 Lakes. This is a popular 9 mile circular walk so we hope to have two groups. I didn't do this one, but here is when we did it before.
  • April 26th Holbrook. This is a new tough but rewarding 13 miles . Expect bluebells, wild garlic and the River Stour.
  • April 27th Wicken Fen. An early evening 8 mile walk with Sunset.
  • April 28th Haughley. 8 miles plus Bakery Stop! One group in the morning and one after lunch. 
  • April 29th Hintlesham. 9 glorious miles with lots of ups and downs.
  • April 30th Hawstead. A favourite from last year including a coffee stop and the old railway line at Gt Whelnetham to help the 11 miles fly by. I didn't do this one but, again, here is when we did it before.
  • May 1st 3 Churches. Join Joyce on this famous walk of 6.5 miles. I didn't do it this time, but this is the first time I did it with Joyce.
  • May 2nd Mildenhall Warren. Joyce’s local patch with local history and the River Lark. 8 miles. 
  • May 3rd Bluebell Walk. Join Joyce on the popular Bluebell walk from Wherstead Foodhall. 11 miles.
  • May 4th Shingle Street. John is leading one of his favourite walks. 12 miles
  • May 5th Holbrook. Roland and Joyce will lead a group each on this delightful 10 mile loop with some Alpaca’s on the way. I didn't do this but it will be run again sometime, I hope.
  • May 6th Sailors Path. Our last day ends with this lovely walk from Snape Maltings. 14 mile. (although my group did 15 miles due to a navigation failure by me at one point).

Joyce says there was of a total of 32 different walkers took part, and the distance walked  totaled approx. 137 miles of which I did 102. And I posted 963 photos in 10 albums here on Flickr. I'm looking forward to doing more of Joyce's walks over the summer and, from next Monday, we'll no longer have to walk in groups of six. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment