Sunday 24 October 2021

Honeyed Jalapeños

 

Pickled on Friday afternoon and labelled yesterday...

...these are an old favourite.  As the recipe says, "You can use this pickle as a table condiment to spoon into your tacos or black bean soup". We use it as a garnish for chilli and to spice up our pizzas.

This is the recipe.


This year's jalapeños are disappointingly short on heat. In fact they barely taste of chilli at all. I think it is because they didn't get enough sun and warmth in that gloomy summer we had. So I beefed up the recipe by adding some chopped green cayenne peppers in among the jalapeños. We'll find out in 3 weeks, when they should be ready, what the result is like.

That has used up about half the peppers. Some of those left are starting to turn red, so I think I'll hold off pickling those for a little while to see if I can get some more ripening.

No comments:

Post a Comment