Monday 25 October 2021

Chilli Jam


This proved very popular when I made it a couple of years ago (see here), so I thought I'd make some more with some of the lovely red cayenne peppers we have.

Once again I used Nigella Lawson's recipe (see here). I made it on Saturday afternoon, following the recipe quite closely, but when it came to putting it in jars it was still rather runny. So yesterday I emptied the jars back in the pan, added a bit more vinegar and pectin and boiled it some more. Checking it again today, it is now nice and gloopy but not too firm - ideal for spooning onto some cheese or maybe some scotch egg (like I will be doing at lunch later). It is also quite hot. Yum!

I've still got plenty of cayenne peppers left. I think I can see some hot pepper sauce coming on later this week - many of those that were green are now starting to go red too.

No comments:

Post a Comment