Wednesday 28 September 2022

Dream Machine


7D Car plant (5). That is a clue from last Saturday's Times Cryptic Jumbo Crossword, for which I am writing the blog explaining the answers. Can you get it? The answer is... LOTUS. It is a double definition. The plant, of course looks like this...

Photo from Blue Sky Travel

And as for the car... Well nearly 3 weeks ago we did a walk in Norfolk, the Kett's Country Trail. Our lunch stop was at “the spiritual home of Lotus Cars”, The Bird in Hand, just down the road from the headquarters. Seeing the carmaker name come up again got me wondering what their current range of cars is. You can see the range for yourself here, but I was rather taken by the new Evija, which will be available next year.


 Look at this for a specification...


No that's not 0-60mph in 9.1s but 0-186mph! Very pretty and a very impressive machine but I think I'd be too scared to drive it.



No comments:

Post a Comment