Sunday 25 September 2022

William Returns to York

I had a day trip today to York and back, taking William and his stuff there for the new University year.

I drove Dawn's car with the back seat folded so we could take his bike. The place he is moving into has been being renovated over the summer... and is still a building site. So the landlord is putting up the 6 of them sharing the house in a couple of holiday lets he owns - Numbers 1 and 3, Monkbar Mews.

But he wouldn't be able to get in until the afternoon, so having left most of his stuff at the building site, I drove to where Sarah is living and parked there, so we could spend a few hours together.

First she showed William round her place.



We went round the corner to Café Frida for brunch. It appears to be quite trendy and very popular.


There was a choice of chilli sauces - hot and exxxtra hot.



William and I had the huevas rancheros and Sarah a vegetarian burrito. Delicious.


We admired the art on the walls...


...and the sign that says "Don't talk unless you can improve the  silence."

We went into the City Centre to seek out the Hebden Tea shop, with its free samples outside (see top of the post). "Hello Sarah", said the sales assistant - it was a Uni friend of hers who works there part-time. 


He gave me the student discount on the teas I bought.😀


We visited the Treasurer's House, complete with "ghost statues" in the garden,


We also stepped into Rafi's Spicebox Shop. Sarah had got me some spice mixes from there before. I see they also have a shop in Sudbury.


We then went to see where William would be staying this week, and found he was able to get in earlier than the 3pm he had been told.


He bagged one of the rooms at No. 3.



The city walls are only a few yards away.


We left Sarah there and went to get the car and the rest of William's things, before taking Sarah back to her place and heading for home. I was pleased to get away by 2:10pm and was home by 6:30pm.

Have a good term Sarah and William and I'll see you at the end of October - Yes I'll be at the Sloggers&Betters Weekend again. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment