Friday 30 September 2022

Time for More Gin

Christmas will be coming sooner than I expect, so I thought I'd get get ahead of things and get some gin made for presents.. and to replenish our supply of Tassel Nanobrewery Gin.

This is only my second batch this year, and here's how I varied the recipe from last time. I added back just a small amount of cassia and some Orris root and upped the cardamoms and fennel to add a bit more dark flavours and cut back on the citrus...

Botanical Last Time This Time
Juniper 30g 30g
Coriander 13.5g 12g
Angelica 3g 1g
Cardamom 2g 2.5g
Lemon Peel 10g 8g
Orange Peel 10g 8g
Fennel 2g 3g
Pink Peppercorns 2g 3g
Liquorice 1g 1g
Cassia 0 0.5g
Ginger 1g 1g
Grains of Paradise 2g 1g
Rose Petals 1g 1g
Elderflower 1g 0
Allspice 0 0.5g
Orris Root 0 0.5g

Here's the mixture in 1L of vodka... 

...which I left infusing for 24 hours

Distillation under way...


And here it is diluted to 40% ABV and bottled.

And the result of the taste test? That seems to have come out OK 😀.

No comments:

Post a Comment