Monday 10 October 2022

Estepona Day Trip

 

I am staying on for a couple of days after the Marbella 4 Day Walking festival, which finished yesterday. I couldn't get on any excursions I wanted today so I made my own. I took the bus to Estepona for the day.

It was less than half and hour's walk to the bus station and I bought my ticket online. I was on the bus from Malaga airport but lots of people got off the bus in Marbella, so I got my seat. The journey took about 1/2 hour and I was at Estepona Bus Station by just after 10 am.

Estepona, like Marbella, has a pretty old town as well as a long promenade along beaches and and big harbour. It was just a short walk from the bus station to the sea front, which I followed into town to explore.

Here are just a few of my photos.

Where I got to the front was a park of statues by Santiago de Santiago.


It was a pleasant walk along the sea front.


Estepona is renowned for its flowers.


I enjoyed exploring the old town which was pleasantly free of traffic... and there weren't many people either.














I headed further along to the harbour. Here I was kept from the beach by the road works all along the front. They seemed to be ripping everything up and replacing it.


I eventually arrived at the harbour.



At the far end were the fishing boats. I watched one leave to go fishing.


Back in the old town, I wandered some more before looking for somewhere for refreshments.




I stopped to photograph this fountain....


Wait a minute! Who was that sat beside it? It was Jane, who had been walking with me for the last 4 days! She kindly bought me a beer and had one herself.


On my way back to my afternoon bus back to Marbella, I passed several Chiringuitos with their sand-filled boats for cooking sardines.


Back in Marbella I visited the harbour there too...


...and watched the sun go down.


Another lovely day and, despite the walking festival being over, I still walked a total of 18 miles.

You can see more of my photos here on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment