Monday 31 October 2022

Sloggers & Betters Weekend 2022

This weekend I've been to York for the Annual Crossword Sloggers & Betters event - my 4th visit.

As last year, our Friday evening was spent at the Cross Keys, where we had a quiz night, and Saturday at the Fox & Roman where we had plenty of crosswords and puzzle to amuse us, before a curry at the Woodthorpe Spice. This year I travelled by train so I was able to join the lunchtime get-together at the station York Tap on the Sunday before getting my trains home.

As before, I was joined by fellow Crossword Central Discord Group folk John Dunleavy, Kitty and BeeryHiker and plenty of setters and fifteensquared bloggers and comments.

Here are a few photos.

As before I stayed at the racecourse the Stableside, along with many others.



John D and...


...me at the Cross Keys.


The Fox & Roman.


Piles of crosswords.


This year it included one of mine - We'll Meet Again? You can find links to a couple more of them here.

Look who joined us for a shandy on the Saturday afternoon. William!


William was off sailing on the Sunday so this was the only time we could meet. Unfortunately Sarah was unwell so I didn't get to see her.

In the curry house


Mike, on the left here, became our latest recruit to Crossword Central. We discovered we had both sailed on the SA Vaal in the 1960s.


Well that another great get together - we had about 70 people on the Saturday. I hope I can persuade some more Times Crossword solvers to join us next year. Thanks to John Henderson for organising and hosting it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment