Wednesday 5 October 2022

Marbella 4 Day Walking - Registration Day

Three years after our last visit to this event, I've joined some friends in attending the Marbella 4 Day Walking Festival.

We arrived today and, after checking into my hotel, I met up with Jane and Joyce at registration. I had originally signed-up to do the 30km each day, as I had done last time, in 2019, but it is much earlier in the month this time and could be hotter and I've not done so many longer-distance walks this year. So I changed at registration to do the 20km walks along with Jane, leaving Joyce to the 30km walks.

Then we all met up in the old town for a meal at Medium Rare, which we had visited on registration day before in both 2018 and 2019 and when Dawn and William joined us on the Saturday in 2019. It was lovely to be eating outside in the evening while it was still light. It is Tim's birthday today, so I hope he enjoyed his celebratory meal. Many Happy Returns! After the meal I headed back the walking village for the White Party

Here are a few of my photos.

My Hotel - The Hotel Marbella Inn.


This is the view from the roof.


It is a short walk down to the sea front at the lighthouse.


I walked along the promenade to the walking village. The anchor statue has been reapinted in support of Ukraine.


The sea looked inviting and there were plenty of sunbathers.


As in 2019, the Walking Village is at Plaza del Mar.



Celine changed my registration for me.


A first beer with Joyce and Jane.


Jane and I had green wristbands for the 20km walks and Joyce a dark blue one for the 30lm walks. I also had a purple wristband for the cashless and cardless payment system.


We were delighted to find the Dixieland Band was at the festival again.


The Old Town is looking as pretty as ever.


All 9 of us met at Medium Rare.


Pru and Tim had a celebration paella for his birthday. It looked great (and tasted great, the tell me).


It was getting dark as I headed to the White Party.




The entertainment was provided by Ivanildo (Soul and Motown Classics)...


...and Voulez-Vous (ABBA Tribute Act).

I was getting a bit tired by 9:30pm so headed off to bed for an early start tomorrow, the first day of walking. How would we get on? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment