Friday 15 December 2023

GCHQ Christmas Challenge 2023

 

Yesterday afternoon I spent a pleasant couple of hours tackling this year's Christmas Challenge from GCHQThe agency sent the card to 1,00 secondary schools and the site includes resources that can be downloaded.

I got through the 7 questions unaided. I particularly enjoyed the quasi-musical #6 and cracking the code to get answer #7.

But when I got to the final challenge...

...I couldn't see how it worked, not realising the patterns were all to be found in the image on the Christmas card... I'd better say no more to avoid spoiling it for you. But once I'd worked out what to do the answer came soon enough.

A great puzzle and the final challenge beautifully pulled everything together. Thank-you GCHQ!


No comments:

Post a Comment