Sunday 18 February 2024

Tassel Gin #20

Time to make some more gin as, having given some away for Christmas presents we were running out and I still needed some for sisters Sue and Kirsty when we meet up with Kirsty next week.

I thought I'd persevere with trying to imitate Tanqueray gin (as I tried in #18 - see here and #19 - see here) and see if I can get closer to its taste. Last time's was a bit strong in coriander so I reduced that in the recipe and I upped the angelica a little.. This was my recipe...

Botanical Last Time This Time
Juniper 30g 30g
Coriander 15g 9g
Angelica 1g 1.5g
Liquorice 4g 3g
Lemon Peel (fresh) 1.5g 1.5g

On Friday, as usual, I measured out my botanicals into a kilner jar with 1l vodka, gave it a shake or two and left it overnight to use for distilling yesterday..




Then yesterday evening  I distilled as usual.


After diluting, bottling and labelling today, here is the result.


Job done! And it tastes pretty good. We'll see how close it is to Tanquerey in a week or so..

No comments:

Post a Comment