Friday 10 July 2020

Brewing, Distilling and Bread-making

It was a busy day in the kitchen for me today....

My missing container of liquid malt from Get 'Er Brewed arrived yesterday, so I was now able to start my New England IPA. Yes that's it in the corner of the kitchen with a picnic blanket to keep the light out.


It will sit there for 10 days before I add the hops. It's the full 23L so I may need some help in drinking it when kit's ready!

Today was also my next gin distillation setting. Having tasted my previous ones again, I decided the one done in alembic configuration with the botanicals in the pot had the best flavour, so that's how I did it today too.


After careful blending omitting more of the heads and tails than before, it was diluted to 40% ABV and bottled. Ah. But the labels... I need to print some with "July" on the label. Final pictures to come.

And last, but not least, I made some Oat and Linseed bread....


But I cheated. Instead of making from scratch from the individual ingredients I used a bread mix from Wright's. My favourite of theirs. We will have some with our lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment