Friday 17 July 2020

QC 1659

I found this not as hard as Pedro's yesterday, but still a tricky enough challenge from Tracy today to end the week. There are one or two stretchy definitions and an unusual double anagram, but nothing too obscure, I think. 8A was my FOI and 15A was my LOI. It was good to get a visit from the Pink Panther and the Monty Python seabird morsel (my COD), adding extra smiles to my solve, which took me 5:36. Thank you Tracy! How did everyone get on?

Addendum: Thanks to all who had a go at my amateur QC The Eccentric Horitculturalist two weeks ago and for the kind comments. Encouraged by the response I've had, one of our well-known contributors (and expert solver), Phil Jordan has had a go at compiling a Saturday Quick Crossword for you all to try too. You can find it and links to PDF and interactive versions and solution here. Many thanks Phil for adding to the extra-curricular fun!

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment