Friday 10 July 2020

Hannah Turner Singer/Songwriter.

I got an email from my old friend Guy to the St Michael's Singers. We were all due to meet in Southwell for a week of singing in August, as we did 2 years ago (see here), but, alas, that has been cancelled.

"Dear SMS
Many of you met Hannah at the High Wycombe event last year, if not before. If you are at loose end tomorrow evening (Friday) at 8.00 and you like listening to singing and guitar, click on the link below and you will be able to access Hannah performing some of her songs as part of the Online Music Club.Lasting between 40 minutes to an hour.
Best wishes
GUY
https://www.facebook.com/HannahTurnerOfficial"


Well I never made it to the High Wycombe event last year, but I've known Hannah since she was a little girl and I lodged with her Mum and Dad, Hannah and her elder brothers in Staines for a couple of months in 1988.

I'd never heard Hannah perform, not being close enough to any of her gigs as she lives in Surrey, but tonight was a chance to hear her from her living room.


You can listen to it here. It was a lovely way to spend a Friday evening. She's very good! I particularly enjoyed her rendering of Vincent at about 31 minutes in. And now I have an earworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment