Monday 13 July 2020

COVID-19 Test - and Result

It's not exactly a raging fever...


...although it's come and gone and come back again over the last 3 days. But before making a doctor's appointment, I need to eliminate COVID-19.

So I went on the government website first thing this morning and found I could book any time I liked at the Ipswich drive-through test centre. It took only moments to book.


Armed with my test pass, passport, sanitiser and tissue I arrived early - the site is at the Park & Ride just off the A14.

There was only 1 car in front of me..


..and it all went like clockwork. The thing that took the most time was reading the instructions!


I had to crack open my passenger window momentarily to get the test pack and then my driver's window a crack on leaving to drop my completed test sample in its bio-hazard bag into the collection bucket.

I was impressed with the organisation and liked that all the staff called me John.

I was on my way home again by 10:08. Well that was easy, although I didn't enjoy swabbing my tonsils. Results (negative I hope) in 48 hours (I hope).

Update: 14th July am...

I got this email a mere 14 hours after leaving the test station


Shopping for me today and walking again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment