Saturday 11 July 2020

Jumbo Crossword 1447

Times Cryptic Jumbo No 1447 - 27th June

I really should write my introduction to my Jumbo blogs while the crossword is fresh in my memory. I see that it took me 44 minutes, which is about average for me, I think. Plenty of normal difficulty clues to help populate the grid, but then some absolute peaches that had me putting double ticks on my copy... The clever cross-reference at 47A, the Greek scrabble piece at 22D  the magnificent neologisms at 32D, and the clever reverse cryptic at 49A were the highlights for me, but there were plenty more. I enjoyed this a lot.. apart from 1A where I initially guessed the letter sequence from the anagram of an unknown word wrong... no that's just sour grapes. Thank-you clever setter! How did everyone else get on?
Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment