Friday 27 August 2021

A Tricky Izetti Quick Crossword

Times Quick Cryptic No 1949 by Izetti

A rather tricky but perfectly fair challenge for us for the end of the week from Don with the usual neat and precise clues and some nice pieces of misdirection. I found it at the harder end of the spectrum, taking 9:17 to finish - my slowest for quite a while. There are a few words on the edge of my vocabulary that I needed the wordplay to find. 5d took me a while to see and 4A was my LOI. Lots to enjoy, though - I liked the concise 12A best. Thank-you Izetti! How did you all get on? If you found it difficult, don't worry - I'm sure you will be in good company.

Fortnightly Weekend Quick Cryptic. This time it is my turn to provide the extra weekend entertainment. You can find the latest crossword, entitled "Gone Fishing", and a bonus quiz round, here. Enjoy! And if anyone is interested in our previous offerings you can find an index to them here.

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment