Saturday 28 August 2021

A Tricky Jumbo Crossword

Times Cryptic Jumbo 1512 - 14th August

An interesting Jumbo with several unknowns for me and some chewyiness in places... which I enjoy in a Jumbo. I was slow getting started and never really on the wavelength. In all I thought it a  little trickier than average and it took me about 1hr. I was held up most in the NW corner and middle of the LHS. Last one is was 37A, which took rather longer to parse than biff. Quite a few question marks on my copy where I puzzled over the parsing, but also several ticks for clues that made me chuckle, including some rather sneaky definitions. Is it just me, or are there rather more deletion type wordplay elements than usual? Those I enjoyed most included the neat hidden at 21A, and the definitions at 1D and 6D. Thank-you setter. How did you all like it?

Read all about it... )

No comments:

Post a Comment