Saturday 21 August 2021

Alan Barnes at the Hunter Club


 Hooray! Live Jazz returned to the Hunter Club last night... and we were there!

I was at the last concert before they were suspended by lockdown, when Art Themen was the guest. There were a few live steaming events, but that wasn't the same as being in the Hunter Club. Tonight, alongside the resident trio of Chris, Owen and George, we had the instrumentalist Alan Barnes. And I had Dawn, Williama nd Nina along with me.

It was table service, but the bar staff did a great job of getting around everyone so nobody went thirsty.

The music was as good as ever. Here they are in action.


I particularly enjoyed Owen's solo for Alice in Wonderland, but Alan's playing was exquisite, especially in the ballads. A great finish with the encore Angel Eyes. Lovely stuff! I can't wait for regular gigs to continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment