Saturday 19 November 2022

Hannah Horton at the Hunter Club

It's been a while since I've been around on a Friday night when the Jazz at the Hunter Club has been on, but last night I was able to go to this.

It was packed out and I was lucky enough to get a front row seat barely 2ft from the stage. Hannah was backed by the usual house band and the gave us some great entertainment. 

Here are couple of my photos.

Yes. I was this close.




Owen doing a solo.


George was hidden behind a cymbal.

I particularly enjoyed some of the baritone sax pieces and it was good to get Owen providing some funky bass lines on the electric guitar as well as his usual double bass. My favourite was the version of "Feed the birds" from Mary Poppins - a rather unusual choice for a jazz arrangement. The concert finished with an encore of Caravan. Great stuff. Thank-you Hannah and the band.

You can find Hannah's website here and the Hunter Club Jazz concert notices here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment